Monday 24 August 2015

Hope Toys

A few weeks ago I was trying to find a very special gift for a very special girls 6th birthday. Zoe has EDS like I do and me and her mum have become very close. We visit them when we can as we live in the same state. I was looking online and found Hope Toys I really loved all the photos on her page so I emailed her. The prices are very reasonable and she worked with me to create something that was very similar to Zoe. She had never made the braces that Zoe and I wear but she worked very hard to make it as realistic as possible and did a fantastic job.

Here is Zoe's doll:

Zoe's Doll for Zoe's privacy I have not added a photo of Zoe but it does look like her. I also have not undone the box because Zoe hasn't received it yet.


She then kindly offered to make me one- which was so sweet of her. She also is going to help us to raise EDS awareness. This business is amazing. She has not asked me to make this blog post but I want to get her some more business so if you, your child or someone you know has a disability I highly recommend you looking into Hope Toys.

Here is my doll and wheelchair:

I absolutely love this blanket. The top says "Rachael's Journey" and the bottom says EDS

The hoodie says the same as the blanket. I think that the doll looks like me  

The wheelchair

The back of the wheelchair says Rachael's Journey and EDS

Everything is so well made and she is very responsive to messages. Please go and check her out and if you have any questions please email her.  She is doing an amazing job at raising awareness of disabilities and helping children (and adults ;) ) feel more 'normal' whatever that word means!

Sorry I haven't been around I am having a lot of medical issues but I plan to blog more soon



No comments:

Post a Comment