Friday 5 April 2013

HAWMC Day 6

Dear Ehlers Danlos Syndrome,

You may have stopped me doing the things my way but I have adapted.
You haven't kept me down.
You have only made me stronger.
I know now that I am strong enough for anything that comes my way.
I am strong enough to face the daily battles of being chronically ill.
You have taught me lessons I would have never learnt otherwise. So in some ways I am thankful to you for that. You are no longer something I despise, you are a part of me.
You are not the biggest part however. I am so much more than my EDS, I am a writer, a friend, someone who loves children, zebras and nature. I am someone who is intellegent, I am someone who is beautiful inside and out. And now I can finally say I know my worth.

Love,
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment