Wednesday 30 January 2013

Do not judge on what you cannot see

Do not judge a girl on what you can't see
She could be a girl in chronic pain. 
She is breathing but she is hurting.
She may look young, but she feels decades older.
She smiles but her heart sobs. 
She walks, she talks, she cooks, she cleans, she works, when she can
and sometimes when she can't.
She fights a battle you will never see.
But if you take a moment to look beyond the smile.
You might see... that the girl... is ME.
- Adapted from a quote by an unknown author



I wanted to share this because I have had some people not believe I am sick because I look fine, I have a smile on my face, and I continue on with my life no matter what. 

Before you judge me please understand me.

I will also share a letter I wrote last year:

Therapy Focus - Rachael speaks out

No comments:

Post a Comment