Wednesday 20 May 2015

Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Awareness Month- Facts 34, 35, 36

All credit for these graphics goes to the Invisible Zebra Facebook Page please go and like her page and tell her I sent you!


Fact 34:

I have many secondary conditions: I have Gastroparesis, Dysautonomia, Osteoarthritis, Chronic Constipation resulting in ACE, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Mitral Valve Prolapse, CRPS and probably something else I am forgetting. EDS isn't just dislocations and having crazy party tricks it affects your whole body and is serious and not something to be taken lately. We may look okay on the outside but if you turned us inside out you would see a different story.


Fact 35:

I have Dysautonomia and my autonomic nervous system has definitely been affected, I am on tablets with it. I was semi-comatose for 5 days and now we think that was because of Dysautonomia/POTS. Dysautonomia is not a nice condition but it is one of the many "siblings" of EDS.


 Fact 36:

My mum had a very hard pregnancy with me. She was in hospital for more than 3 months. I worry about how my health will be affected by pregnancy because of the EDS.

Thank you for reading! Please check out the Invisible Zebra Facebook Page. And check back tomorrow for another post

No comments:

Post a Comment