Tuesday 19 May 2015

Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Awareness Month- Fact 31, 32 and 33

All credit for these graphics goes to the Invisible Zebra Facebook page please go and like her page and tell her that Rachael's Health Journey sent you!

Fact 31:

This happens to me so often!! Sometimes I end up really sick because I have pushed myself not realising how much I have over done it. This is one of the things that I struggle with the most.




Fact 32:

This happens to me as well (I am writing this at 12:18 am) I had a sleep study and they found that I never reached REM sleep which is when your body recovers and gets the energy you need for the day which is part of the reason I get so exhausted.


Fact 33:

This happened to me. As a 6 year old mum was told that I was either seeking attention or wanting drugs (what 6yr old understands drugs). I am lucky my mum is so supportive but sometimes I am accused of faking.  I know people that have struggled for years to get diagnosed. It took me 9 years. It is depressing. You wonder if you are crazy etc as everyone else is saying it. But know that you know your body and you are not crazy!

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to check out the Invisible Zebra Facebook Page and come back tomorrow for another post

No comments:

Post a Comment