Monday 22 September 2014

TAFE


I WROTE THIS A MONTH OR 2 AGO AND FOR SOME REASON IT DIDNT POST WHEN I SCHEDULED IT TOO



For those who don't know TAFE is an education in Australia for after school but it isnt like university.
When I left year 11 last December I was very sick and didn't know what I wanted to do. I was depressed I didnt want to make any decisions because I felt like the one thing I enjoyed, school. my health took away from me. I know leaving school was the right decision for me but it was very hard. I had to choose something to do because you cant leave school until you are 17 so I chose accounting because it was something I could do from home to support myself and I thought I was relatively good at math. But my real dream was to do writing and public speaking about disabilities, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, invisible disablilites and bullying.

I have been doing accounting for quite a while. I really do not enjoy it it just feels like it is repetitive and a waste of time. So I have decided to finish the unit I am doing (I should be finished by December, but sooner if my health cooperates). I am now doing a course on Open Colleges and I am absolutely loving it!! It has been such fun and doesn't feel like work.

I am nervous, I dont want to let my family down, or myself down. If I am honest I am not sure whether I am making the right decision but I have decided to take a risk because I have learnt that life is too short not to take risks.

I would appreciate all your prayers and support as I go through this transiition.

No comments:

Post a Comment