Friday 10 January 2014

Physical Goals for 2014


Physical Goals are something that are completely different for me than those with perfectly healthy bodies. These are not the usual eat healthy and get fit goals. These are goals about making my body and quality of life the best it can possibly be. I hope that if you are chronically ill that this can help you.

1.       Put My Health First:
    This is something that although I know I should do and I know is very important to do because I have a chronic illness I struggle to do. Sometimes I put school and other things before my health and end up struggling even more because my body is so worn out. So this year I want to try and put my health first, I still need to do well in TAFE but I also need to know when my body is telling me “STOP IT”.

2.       Listen to my body:
   This echos my last goal but I need to know what my body is telling me and I need to trust my instincts when it comes to my body as over the past few years I have learnt when something isn’t right so I really need to trust that instinct.

3.       Know my Limits and Stick to Them:
    When fun things are going on and I want to be a part of them sometimes I forget that my body isn’t normal and has its limits. I need to still have fun but remember to know my limits.

4.       Don’t be too hard on myself when I can’t do things because of my health.
    Sometimes even though I know it isn’t my fault when I can’t do things I feel very guilty and beat myself up about it. I need to give myself a break and remember to be kind to myself and my body.

5.       Don’t Stress about Things that Can’t be changed:
    Often I worry about things that I can’t change and I get so worked up about it when stress only makes my body worse so I need to let go of the things that can’t be changed and focus on the things that I can change.

6.       Pace Myself:
   I need to pace myself and remember to rest up when I want to do things so that I can still enjoy the things I love and also be kind to my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment