Friday 10 January 2014

Family Goals for 2014


My Family is very important to me and I want to try and work on my relationship with my family to make it even better.
Here are my Family Goals for 2014 and the reasoning behind them:

1. Don’t take my troubles out on my Family:
        Sometimes when I am in pain or stressed I can take my frustrations out on my family and get quite nasty. I don’t mean too and I always feel awful afterwards as I love my family and I am lucky to have them. This year I really want to focus on thinking before I speak and trying to say more kind things to my family instead of nasty things.

2. Spend More Quality Time with my Family:
        I do spend time with my family but I find that it isn’t quality time so this year I want to spend more time doing things with my family such as watching movies together, doing bible studies together, swimming in the pool with them and many other things with them.

3. Try not to ‘Play Down’ my illness to them for fear of worrying them.
        This is something I do quite often and they really don’t like it. I try not to worry them so I won’t tell them how I am really feeling or when something is wrong and they feel like I am hiding things from them. I want to try to tell them how I am feeling (without going on about it…) and keep them in the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment