Wednesday 21 December 2016

New Years Resolutions for 2017

New Years can be a little tough for me- as it forces me to focus on the year that has passed and everything that has gone on. This year has been tough and I have had a lot of health stuff going on so I have decided to refocus and make some resolutions of goals that I would like to achieve in the New Year.

This year is going to be tough because as of this moment I am scheduled for 4 surgeries so I don't want to be overly ambitious. I would like my goals to be achievable so here are my goals for the New Year.

1. Spend Less on Makeup: I am not putting myself on a "no buy" because every time I do that I fail because it is unrealistic. I would like to spend no more than $50 every 3 months (except for special occasions like my birthday then I can buy something nice for myself) and for the most part only replace things when I run out of them i.e instead of having 3 different foundations finish the majority of that item and only buy one when the one I am using is almost empty.

2. Do More for Others: I have so many amazing people in my life that do amazing things for me. It can be hard for me to do much for others because of my limited energy but I would like to aim to choose one person each month to do something nice for even if it is very minimal just do something that makes someone else smile.

3. Blog More: I would like to try to blog more. I know I haven't been blogging much, part of that is due to my health and part of that is not knowing what to blog about. I have heaps of ideas but don't know where to start. I would like to blog at least once a fortnight whether it is on this blog or my makeup blog. It would be great to be able to do a post once a fortnight on each blog but I don't want to be overly ambitious to start with.

4. Read the Bible More: I find it hard to read the bible a lot because I have found reading hard with my headaches so I would like to use one of the audio versions if possible or just read very small amounts- anything is better than nothing.

Thank you so much for reading. If you have any comments or questions or requests for blog posts please comment below and I hope to be posting a lot more in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment