Friday 23 October 2015

Accepting Help

One thing that I have always struggled with for as long as I can remember. I am a stubborn person that wants to do everything myself and don't like people telling me I can't do it (which can be a weakness and a strength). I don't like letting my EDS get in the way of things.  But there comes a point where you have to accept help and you have to admit that you can't do everything.

I hate feeling like a burden, most people don't make you feel like one but there are people that act like putting a piece of rubbish in the bin for you is a huge deal. But you didn't ask to be sick, you aren't lazy there are just some things that you can't do. Some times leaning down to get that thing you dropped will leave you in pain or carrying in the shopping bags will leave you in a sling.

Here is a shocking statistic about how many people with a chronic illness feel like a burden:



So if your chronically ill, remember your not a burden you just need help to get some things done.



Thank you so much for reading! I know this isn't my most eloquent writing but I wanted to touch on this subject

No comments:

Post a Comment