Thursday 20 December 2012

Accepting Help

This is something I find really hard to do...accept help. Although I have a disability that makes me not able to do a lot of things, I need a carer at all times and still one of the hardest things for me to do.  I don't really know why, sometimes I think it is because I feel like accepting help is giving into my illnesses, sometimes I think that I need to continue trying to do things that are hard for me to do and someday it will get easier, but thats not true, when I do things I shouldn't I end up hurting myself and needing to spend the next day or more in bed. I think the reason I don't accept help is simply because I am stubborn.

There are a few people I will accept help from, but most other people I don't like to. I will if I really have to. I will tell you a bit about the people I accept help from I am not putting there whole name here though. I will put their first initial and they will know who they are if they read this.

Mum: I accept help from Mum probably more than anyone else. Though I am a normal teenager and sometimes stubborn lol
Ro: I have two people I accept help from starting with R so I have to put the next letter of there names too. This girl is one of my best friends. We have been through so much together. She is the sort of friend that knows what I need before I even ask.
Ri: This girl is another of my best friends. She always tells me that she LIKES helping me and not to be ashamed about it. She always helps me with a smile on her face which makes me feel better about asking for help.
S: She is my other best friend, we have known each other since primary school. She knew me before I was even diagnosed with EDS. She is always happy to help me and she knows- in some ways what I go through and is very understanding with me.
Aunty J: Aunty J is one of the school secretaries. She looks after me on a Monday (when I am at school). She always tries to make sure I am careful. She knows what time of the day I take my medications and has them ready before I even ask. She is very caring with me.
Aunty K: She is a school secretary as well. She looks after me on Wednesdays. She is kind and always makes time for me.
Aunty R: She is a school secretary on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I no longer school on those days but she and I talk on facebook and I can trust her with everything. She is also chronically ill so we understand each other and I feel really close to her.
Aunty L: Aunty L is the school secretary on Fridays. She learnt how to pop my hips back in so that when they come out she can pop them back in to reduce the pain. She is very good with me and worries about me. She is my carer when we go on school camps.
Aunty P: Aunty P is my English teacher. This year she came on camp and helped to look after me. She was amazing with me the whole time and made camp so much easier. She is wonderful with me in class and well and makes sure I rest when I need to and I look after myself.

I am very, very blessed to have these people in my life. I cannot thank them enough.
I hope you all have people like this in your life too

Hugs,
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment