Friday 21 December 2012

30 things


1. The illness I live with is: Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia, Gastroparesis
2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: 2006, 2010, 2012
3. But I had symptoms since: I was born
4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: Learning to pace myself and learning to not feel ashamed
5. Most people assume:  That I put it on
6. The hardest part about mornings are: Getting out of bed and getting ready because I have bad nights
7. My favorite medical TV show is: Grey's Anatomy
8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: My TEN's Machine
9. The hardest part about nights are: Getting comfortable and sleeping through the night!
10. Each day I take _54_ pills & vitamins.
11. Regarding alternative treatments I: Go to Bowen Therapy and take vitamins
12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: I don't know there are pros and cons to both
13. Regarding working and career: I school 3 days a week
14. People would be surprised to know: You can live a good life while sick
15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: The fact that my body lets me down and it will continue to do so
16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: Sandboarding
17. The commercials about my illness: There is no advertising
18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: Dancing
19. It was really hard to have to give up: Dancing and Acting
20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: Scrapbooking
21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: Live it to the fullest!
22. My illness has taught me: That I need to laugh at my situation.
23. Want to know a secret? One thing people say that gets under my skin is: "But you don't look sick"
24. But I love it when people: Help me and treat me normally
25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is: "Worrying does not empty tommorow of its troubles it empties today of its strength" Corrile Ten Boom
26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them: That things will get better, they need to laugh and find new things in life
27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: Is that even though I need to take a lot more time to do things it doesn't mean that I can't get them done eventually. And also the exhaustion you feel at times
28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: Come to visit me with flowers and hot choclate and marshmallows and give me a card
29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because: I want to raise awareness
30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel: Thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment