Wednesday 6 May 2015

Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Awareness Month 2015- Fact 5 and 6


I hope you are all enjoying these posts. It is fantastic to finally have some inspiration thanks to the Invisible Zebra Facebook Page who created all of the graphics. Please go and check out her page.

Fact 5

It is most common that you just get diagnosed by a clinical diagnosis which I view as a good thing because there is no procedures or pain etc. I think knowing that you would be diagnosed by a procedure would make people apprehensive. When vascular EDS is suspected they do a muscle biopsy or if they think you have a rare type of EDS






Fact 6:

Fatigue is so common in EDS. I have incredible fatigue all the time because my body is working so much harder than everyone elses. If I do too much I pay for days. Some days the fatigue and pain is so severe I can't get out of bed. It is very hard because there is nothing that I can do about it.  And I love the Spoon Theory here is a link to it: http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/



Thank you for reading. I hope that you enjoyed it. Please tell the Invisible Zebra that I sent you! Please share to raise EDS Awareness!

No comments:

Post a Comment