Monday 1 April 2013

Health Activist Writer’s Month Challenge- POST 1- Why I write

Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge (HAWMC)
Post 1
Why I write?
By Rachael May Ralston


People often wonder why I choose to write. Especially about my health issue. I have been asked why I focus on my health. What they don't realize is that writing for me, is a way of expressing how I feel inside, something that I can't do any other way. For me writing is a way to put things out of my head. Once I have written something, the problems seem to slip away. Once it is written down I am no longer going over and over it in my mind.

I used to write all sorts of things, when I was younger. It was just something fun for me. Then one day my English Teacher told me I had talent- That I was good at something!!

Now that I am older I choose to publish online as I want to help people that they are never alone in their struggles- no matter how bleak things may seem.

If you were to ask me why I started writing in the first place, honestly I wouldn't be able to tell you. All I know is that writing is a part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment