Sunday 27 January 2013

My views on Diet to improve health

A few years ago I tried every diet that was suggested to me to try and help my EDS. Occasionally I would feel better in the beginning but it never lasted long.

I think that it is important to eat healthy, nutritious food that helps to keep you strong. It is also important to stay a decent weight- i.e not to thin and not to big. When you are to skinny you are malnourished and when you are too big you are putting extra weight on your joints.

Some people find that gluten free helps. I think it really depends on the person. It is important to pay attention to your diet but there is no particular diet that I know of that helps EDS.

If you have found a diet has helped please comment below!

Love & Hugs,

Rachael
xox 

5 comments:

  1. I agree that each person is different. You have to keep testing foods with the trial and error process. I tried many diets also. Each one seemed to give me some insight into my personal triggers but then it can change in time too.
    For now, I am avoiding all spices except salt. I'm avoiding dairy, high histamine foods, high antioxidant foods, high sulphur foods and high phenol foods.
    I am doing much better but I still have many episodes of intense pain every day. I still do not regulate to compensate for temperature changes, postural changes and stimuli such as smells.
    Trigger avoidance is the only thing that works for me so far. That especially includes diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really glad that something is working for you. I avoid some of my triggers as well

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The problem is that I don't want to live a life of not being able to do many things I love and not eating most foods and not being able to sleep with a blanket or so many other little things that are the pleasantries of life. It's not quite living in a bubble but it feels like it sometimes. I'm doing everything I know and I still suffer every day. I'm just not as bad as I was a few months ago. I see progress but don't want to never be able to eat out without suffering such consequences. I have no choice for now but if Dr Henderson thinks that it's CSI and I qualify for the surgery, I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that would not be nice. I hope you qualify and can get some help. Dr. H is great

      Delete