Sunday 23 December 2012

Things that can help with POTS/Dysautonomia

A lot of people with EDS have POTS also called Dysautonomia. I have it and I have picked up these tips from EDS sites and experience.

Some things that can help are:


  • Salt Tablets- I have to take 6 a day. They have improved my POTS so much. 
  • Gatorade or Powerade- Some have said it makes the Tachycardia worse. I have had Gatorade before and been okay.
  • Gastrolyte or Hydralyte- These are great- especially for the days I am really bad. 
  • Compression Stockings- I have never tried these
  • Florinef- These are a prescription medication which raises BP
  • Eat Regularly- This will stop you being dizzy and weak
  • Water- It is very important to drink lots of water to help with your hydration
I hope this helps- I know it is very basic. 

Hugs,
Rachael
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment